Monday, March 28, 2011

First Blog

This is my first personal blog post.  Ever.  (Other than my family blog post, but this is different).  This is also the first publicly available  piece of writing I've ever created.  The pressure is on.  There are many things I plan to write about, and hopefully it will live up to the name of this blog and prove insightful and helpful to anyone out there.  

So first, here is a little about me.  I am an Air Force wife.  I am a Mormon.  I come from a long line of Irish Ancestors and love to do genealogy.  I have currently been taken hostage by this 'going green' hype and am loving to learn new ways to 'go green'.  I find it quite fun.  :)  I enjoy looking for ways to improve my life.  I even have a folder of pictures just for that.  When I look through a magazine and I see something I want to do, to try, to make, to cook, etc. I rip out that page and save it for later.  So in essence this is another 'folder' for me.  I am actually going to do those things and be able to write about it.  And there may be some of you out there who would like to try them with me. 

And further more I would like this to be a place where people can comment and talk about everyday things.  A place where you feel like you're a part of something.  A place where you'll find laughter, strength, and I'm sure frustrations as well.  Let's face it, it's life, it's not perfect.  

I plan to start writing a few times a week.  I would really love to have certain days during the week dedicated to certain things.  For instance: Mondays would go to new things to try in 'going green'.  Wednesdays: New exciting recipes.  Strength Saturdays: where you can come and find a story that will lift you for your week.  These are not set in stone and am currently brainstorming. (you don't want to see my hand today, it's covered in writing from todays thoughts). (I never seem to have a paper handy when I need it.  And even though we are technologically advanced and I have a phone with a note taking app, I can't seem to get to the note page fast enough).

I look forward to writing this blog and hope you look forward to reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment