Saturday, November 10, 2012

I did it!

I haven't exercised in quite a while and my body isn't exactly where I want it to be.  Plus, I just had a baby a few months ago!  So, I decided to really get into the whole working out and ready right thing.  Let me tell you, it's rough.  I feel like my whole day is nursing James.  :)  I really love that but it doesn't leave much room during the day for anything else.  And now that he's a little older he is sleeping ALL night, which is awesome, but now he's awake ALL day long.  :)  And the little guy needs his attention. And I can't help giving it to him.  :)  I'm a sucker for his cute little smile.

I knew that I  needed something structured.  I decided to try this free 10k app.  If you haven't worked out in a while and you don't enjoy running, like me, then this app is perfect.  It's a 14 week program and you run/walk 3 times a week.  The first week it had me running for 60 second intervals.  I was dying!  I could barely keep going!  Talk about being out of shape!  Well, I'm happy to report that today, after 5 weeks I ran for 22 minutes straight!  22 minutes!!!  I know that may not be a lot for some of you people out there but that is A LOT for me!  I have 9 more weeks to go and I am very excited to be able to actually run a 10k.  

No comments:

Post a Comment