Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gorgi Gets Spayed :(

So I had the day off today!  Hallelujah!  I needed a day off so that I could take Gorgi to the vet.  It was time for her to get spayed.  I've been kind of worrying about it for a while, since I made the appointment for her almost two weeks ago.  I kept thinking, she's going to be in soo much pain.  The doctor is going to make a wrong incision.  She's going to bleed to death.  I know... drama queen... sheesh... well, she was just fine.

I dropped her off this morning at 8:30.  I had no problem getting her into the car at all. Anytime I open a car door, there she is trying to get in.  She'll even push me out of the way so she can get into the car.  And what about going to vet?  She doesn't care, there are people there, which only means one thing to her, "FRIENDS!!!!".  This dog absolutely LOVES everyone and every animal it comes in contact with.  So much for a guard dog if we ever needed one. . .  LOL  As long as it moves she considers it her best friend. Yes, that includes other animals, sticks, toys. . . leaves . . .  She just wants to make friends and all the time.  She is soooo lovable!

After getting lost going to the vet a bizillion times because I left my GPS at home and the iphone maps just does not cut it at all.  I swear, that gps app on the iphone, just sucks... That's the only time I ever want to throw my iphone out the window.

So when we finally arrived, Gorgi, merrily prances in the door and straight into the arms of anyone who's close enough.  I managed to keep her away from the three miniature Pomeranians, which were the size or her poop. LOL  At that point, the nurse started taking into the back and as soon as she realized that I wasn't going to come with her, she stops. . . dead in her tracks.  I start walking out the front door and she has her legs planted so far into the ground, that no amount of pulling or prodding from the nurse will get her to move.  So as soon as I'm out of her sight and she realizes I'm not there, she happily goes where ever the nurse takes her.  :)

I needed to pick her up at 4:30pm so in preparation of her coming home I cleaned the house.  I wanted to make sure everything was nice before she came home because I knew she would probably be sick from the Anesthesia or groggy or in pain.  So I swept and mopped the floors.  Cleaned her water and food tray and put out food and water for her because she hadn't eaten anything in over 20 hours.  I washed her bedding and made sure it was clean and smelled nice so she would have a soft place to lay down if she needed to.

And as I drive over to the vet's office I'm wondering how I'm going to get her up and into the car if she's half asleep and has stitches.  But, sure enough as I walk in to pick her up and they get her from the back she comes prancing out and is just as hyper as any other day.  That surgery didn't even faze her.  She was like, "Whatever, so I had a major surgery and my parts are missing, who cares, I got to spend ALL day with FRIENDS!!!""   So I managed to get her into the car and home.  She hasn't eaten anything yet but she's resting on her clean bed.  She's got antibiotics and pain killers that I'll give to her before she goes to sleep tonight.





So now I just have to try and keep her away from her stitches so that she can heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment