Sunday, November 20, 2011

2nd Round of Clomid



* If you think you're waiting for a picture to load, you're not.  That's the picture*  Lol

Please wait . . . .  that is what my life feels like on the baby front.  I saw this caption and just had to add it because it made me laugh.  So I am now on my 2nd Round of Clomid.  As most of you know, we've been trying to start a family for quite some time.  The good thing is... we have great insurance thanks to Daryl.  It's costing us . . . $0, which is absolutely fantastic because last time we tried to go to the doctor for infertility it was going to cost us $3500 a month.

Now I have a fantastic doctor who is really working with us to help us conceive.  The best thing I like about this doctor is he's not the sort of doctor that just tries something and tells me to wait five months to see how it works, if it doesn't work one month he's on to something else.  So after my first visit and tests he put me on 50mg of clomid.  I took this last month and I went in to 'see if it had worked'.  And it did, it helped me ovulate which apparently I wasn't doing on my own.  And we had quite a few 'eggs' last month which gave us the possibility of multiples which Daryl was flipping out about. lol  But, sadly nothing happened last month.  The doctor says that even if everything goes right there is still only a %30 chance of conceiving.  So, I made another appointment this month and started my second round of clomid.  Because we weren't able to get pregnant last month he sent me in for some more blood work to check a few things.  And found out later that I have an abnormally high testosterone level.  yay me.. what does high testosterone cause you ask?  Acne, fun.  Hard time losing weight, even better.  And oh yah, infertility, yep sounds about right.

 So last Thursday I went for my scan to see if this month had worked, and it did, we've got a really nice 'egg'.  Yay!  Now, I get to wait another two weeks to see if this little guy decides to give me two lines on a test.  When that actually happens I'm going to think I'm hallucinating.  I've probably single handedly kept the pregnancy test companies afloat during these rough economic times.  I mean seriously, we've been trying for years, and almost every month I thought I could be pregnant.  And of course even when you take one and it says no, I always think, well it's just to early, so I keep on testing and spending money. lol

I'm just so thankful that Daryl and I are able to go through this and have things that may be able to help us have a baby.  Just finally being in this process gives us hope.  But, if it doesn't end up happening this month, the doctor is going to add some medicine to my routine to help with the high testosterone levels.  Give me all the medicine I can take!  We've waited so long already!  You know those places where you go and you see tons of pregnant ladies and you think, 'it must be in the water.'  Well, believe me I not only say that, I drink it!  Anything to help me have a chance!  lol  

But, if for someone reason Daryl and I don't end up getting pregnant in about another year, we have decided to start the adoption process.  And who knows, maybe this is what God has intended for us all along.  

So here's to another month, another two weeks of waiting, and another thousand tests I'm sure to take.  Cheers. : )  

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment