Monday, June 13, 2011

Food Love


I love food. Not just like. Love. Which unfortunately isn't the best thing to love. Because that love turns to bigger numbers on my scale. And then I think. I don't love you anymore!  But the love hate relationship continues . . .  So I have to try to balance what I love with what is good for me. :). Easier said then done right?  Completely. 

So the new thing today to try is a new recipe. But this isn't a recipe you can use just one night. You can add the recipe to dinner, lunch, etc. I like to keep this in the fridge and add it to anything. 

Now when I first heard this recipe it contained things I did not like. And I thought no this isn't for me at all. But through the coaxing of my husband I decided to give it a try. And what do you know. When everything is combined the parts I didn't like tasted great. It's the combination I'm telling you. 

Ok these are the items you need. 

Mango. Onion. Red pepper. Yellow pepper. Green pepper. Tomato. Lime juice. Olive oil. 

So all you have to do is chop all these ingredients up and add them all together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice and olive oil. But make sure you add the tomatoes very last.  Mix it all together and have it with beans. On top of steak. Chicken. Fish. Quesadilla. It tastes great with it all. And what a great way to get some added vegetables into your diet. 

Now this may sound weird to some of you but I'm telling you it's great. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment