Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hobby Time!



have been very fortunate in life to learn crafting skills here and there from my family. I've always had a real interest in all kinds of crafts. I love starting new projects. I'll spend time researching the project idea, buying all the necessary components, and finally starting it. Problem is that excitement tends to fade away after a while and all I'm left with is a closet full of half finished projects. 

Well I am happy to report that I finally finished one. I kept at it and kept at it. And I think that once we can actually finish a project it'll help us be able to finish another so on and so forth. Well the project that I was able to finish was a cross-stitch pattern. And it's awesome. I even went out and bought a frame for it. It was a graduation present for my hubby for graduating Technical Training School for Air Traffic Control.

 My grandmother makes the most beautiful cross-stitch pictures I have ever seen. It really takes great skill and an amazing amount of patience to complete one. So I started with those little tiny cross-stitch patterns that you can pick up from Walmart. They are like $4 and you can complete them in one day. They are great for learning how to do them. If you ever wanted to try your hand at one these are the way to go. 

So I recommend picking a hobby you've always wanted to try and go for it. Doesn't have to be big, but the excitement of a new project is sure to bring a smile to your face. And there are plenty of things to pick from. Cross-stitch. Painting. Crochet a blanket (which I am also doing as well, but it takes forever and I can't seem to get my edges right so it looks lopsided lol). Making stained glass pictures. My mother-in-law does that and they're beautiful. Make a photo album or a video. (my previous post has my first attempt at making q video). I enjoyed that a lot! And I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. :). I am definitely going to make that one a hobby. Just have to find a good video camera. :) 

So pick something to try or even to continue that you started a while ago. The soothing properties of a simple repetitious project can do wonders on your stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment