Friday, June 10, 2011

The Time is NOW!



It's one week until we move up to Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls Texas. I've got that anxious feeling going now. Where you know something big is going to happen right around the corner but it's not quite here yet so all you do is think about it. Lol.  But, I'm trying to just enjoy the time that I have now before we go up. As much as I can't wait to 'set up house', I am in no hurry for Daryl to start working. I have really enjoyed all of our time off together. And that is certainly going to be something that isn't going to happen very much in the future. 

So this new thing to try for today which is probably one of the hardest. I know it is for me. The goal is to try to change your focus from what's to come, to what's going on right now. We can all get into the habit of constantly thinking of the future. And of course it isn't bad to think about the future but we miss the time as it goes passing by. 

I remember when Daryl was in tech school and he was gone for months, all I thought about was, what can I do to pass the time until he gets here. Now that way of thinking is completely wrong, but we do it oh so often. So instead of being miserable for months and wasting my time away I instead decided to look into the "opportunity of the moment". I asked myself, what can I do to improve myself  or my quality of life in this time. So instead of waiting for the time to pass I decided to go for more walks. Which increased my health and my sappy hormones. I decided to work on genealogy. Which increased my understanding and love of my ancestors. I decided to make hygiene kits for charity. Which not only provided me with more blessings but also comforted those who were in need. I picked up hobbies, one of which you can see on my previous post.  

So what did I gain from all of this?  Happiness instead if despair. Energy instead of laziness. Joy from others instead of pity for my situation. And most importantly strength instead weakness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment