Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Shower Cake for tomorrow!

I've been practicing!  So I needed 'excuses' to make cakes so that I could get some more practice time in. :) So, I decided to make a baby shower cake for the party I'm going to tomorrow.  The lady in charge of the party was real excited, so hopefully it came out as good as she hoped.  :)   But, I do have to say, for my third cake, it's not too bad.  :)

I made the fondant buttons ahead of time, then made two 10 inch cakes and two 8 inch cakes.  Then filled them with the raspberry filling that everyone loves and iced them with buttercream.  And today I put everything together and decorated.  Icing still takes me WAY too long, but the more I do it, the better I'll get at it.  

So here it is!!!!  What do you think?












2 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely LOVE it! If that's just your third cake, you might as well start setting up your own cake business because you've got some talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Thanks! I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete