Thursday, September 1, 2011

Final Wilton Cake Class!



So this week we had to bring our cake in already frosted in buttercream.  No decorations, just the basic frosting.  I feel like I've been making batches of buttercream in my sleep.  It's an all day job!  lol

So this cake is four layers of vanilla cake with three layers of homemade raspberry filling.  Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm..  I haven't tasted it yet, because the hubby is bringing it in to work tomorrow but he's going to bring me home a piece.  :)

This was my second attempt at a cake.  Not too shabby!  I love doing this, the unfortunate part is that its an expensive hobby initially for all the tools.  Grrrr.  . . .   Maybe if I get good enough people can request cakes and I can keep up my hobby.  :)

My next cake I'm going to try is a two tiered cake for a baby shower at church.  Fingers crossed. . .  I'm 'donating' it because I need the practice.   :)





No comments:

Post a Comment