Friday, August 12, 2011

1st Cake Decorating Class



I had soooo much fun last night!  I went to my first Wilton Cake Decorating Class at Hobby Lobby.  I had signed up a few months ago and have been eagerly awaiting my first day.  :)  I don't know what it is about cake decorating but I've always wanted to try it.  I blame those cake decorating shows . . . like Cake Boss.  Or I'll walk into a bakery and wish that I could make those beautiful birthday and wedding cakes.  And of course it will take me longer than one class to actually make a nice looking cake but I am excited for the journey.  :)

The classes are normally around $45 dollars for one course, but I used a %50 off coupon and only paid like $20.  :)  The classes are two hours long and I have them once a week for four weeks.  I'm already excited to take the later courses once I'm finished with this one.  There are three courses total.

Last night I learned all the basics.  Recipes for the cake and frosting.  How to hold the frosting bag and I made beautiful frosting star decorations on some sugar cookies.  Not much for  the first night, but next week I actually will be bringing home a cake that I decorate from start to finish.  :)   Super excited.

Daryl has been so supportive of my cake decorating classes.  I know he wants me to be able to enjoy what I can out here in this small town, but I also think it's because I'll be able to make him delicious looking cakes.  He'll even see something online and say.. "Oooo, you could make this into a cake!"

And. .  I was going to take pictures of my cookies that I decorated so I could post them on here, but before I could get my camera . . . Daryl ate them!!!  So, after next class, I will take a picture of the cake before he is even allowed to have a slice.   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment