Thursday, August 25, 2011

Third Wilton Cake Class

This week was cupcake week!  I finally found a good cake/cupcake recipe.  (I've tried so many).  Finally found one light enough that I like.  I don't like heavy cakes.

I made a lot of frosting in preparation for this class.  LOL  I spent more time preparing for the class then actually in the class. 

We learned how to do the Pom Pom flower, the Shaggy Mum flower, shells, rosettes, and the cupcake swirl.  Lots of stuff to learn.  So after we practiced on our boards we decorated our cupcakes.  There was no 'set' decoration, so we just made up stuff.  LOL  It was all for practice.  :)  

So after I decorated my cupcakes I was careful to not tip them over in the car, and of course what happens. Someone on their cell phone crossing three lanes of traffic nearly side swiped me so I had to put on the brakes so we wouldn't hit and you can guess the rest.  You'll see some of the cupcakes that didn't make it.

So here are my first attempts at some cupcakes.  :)


The light blue one in the back WAS my Pom Pom Flower (destroyed).  The dark blue one was a Shaggy Mum (destroyed).  And a few other ones that were toppled over.  And a few cute green monsters.  :)


This is my cupcake swirl.  :)


The Shaggy Mum.  (Camera got a little too close)



Practicing my leaves and Swirl Flowers.


This one was for practicing my leaves, star flower, and rosettes.


Another design.


Another Swirl . . .


Practicing my shell borders.


And some cute orange and white flowers.


I had a lot of fun tonight.  I really enjoy it.  Next week is my last class for the Course 1.  We learn how to do Ribbon Roses and we make our final cake!  I'm really excited about this cake!  It's going to be awesome.  As soon as I'm done with Course 1, I'll be signing up for Course 2.  



2 comments:

  1. Lets open up a cupcake shop! They are becoming popular:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That would be so awesome! Opening up a bakery would be like a dream. :)

    ReplyDelete