Thursday, August 18, 2011

Second Wilton Cake Class


I was in the kitchen ALL morning making my cakes and frostings for the class I had tonight.  Lol  I felt like a real baker  :)  Everything came out pretty much like I wanted it and I didn't have any mishaps.  I built in enough time for that just in case.

It took two trips to get everything into the car and I used a cart to get everything from the car into the classroom.  I learned so much tonight!  So, after making all the 'mistakes' on my first cake I made tonight, I'll be able to do my second cake even better.  I am going to practice this week and make another cake before class again.

Tonight's class was all about keeping constant pressure when using the frosting bag and trying to make fluid motions.  I did a pretty good job I think.

So, here is my first cake.  :)    I managed to get in some pictures before we cut into it.  It was a yellow cake with a vanilla custard filling and buttercream frosting.  All made from scratch.  :)

The lighting was terrible for the picture. lol




So excited for next class!

1 comment:

  1. Thats great looking cake. I saw a tv show where they were doing a fondue frosting and that looks difficult. Let me know if you ever do it. Meanwhile send the pictures. Bet there is a happy cake eater living with you.

    Love
    GB

    ReplyDelete