Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How High Can It Go?



It's amazing how we choose to see ourselves in a different light at times.  Like myself, I most of the time want to see that I am the perfect homemaker who can cook like a dream, clean like I have OCD, and look showered with perfectly styled hair and makeup. .  ha ha ha.. Fat Chance...  These grandeur delusions of a clean and organized house are absolutely ridiculous.  I think I see those things to cover up the feeling that I've been lacking in that area.  I mean seriously. . .  I've been staring at the same load of laundry waiting to be folded for over a week.  And, every time I pass it, I think I'll get to it tomorrow.  I've stopped sorting laundry by color and just use the washer as a hamper and throw any clothing I find on the floor in it.  So, far I've only had one mishap of washing a dark blue jacket that stained a few white shirts blue.  ooops..  There are pans on the stovetop that need washing that I just can't bring myself to do.  And a closet that needs complete reorganizing so bad that I can hardly find anything to wear.

I mean I'm not even working outside the home right now!  To think of all the ladies who have full time jobs, kids, a husband, and still manage to keep their house clean!  I admire all of you ladies!  Sometimes I wish I could just bring my mom up from California to help give me the drive to get things in order! She's great at keeping house and working at the same time.

Before I moved up here to our new place, I envisioned getting everything perfectly in order and everything sparkling clean just like I wanted it.  My perfect vision has been tainted from the horrendous stack of papers that need to get filed that just seem to get higher and higher.

So, today is the day!  I am finally going to clean and organize this house!  Now, I realize it won't be perfect, and I won't be able to get done as much as I want, but I will be realistic this time.  I'll give myself a goal and go for it.  

At times we may feel overwhelmed by all the 'house duties' but I think the biggest thing that helps me (other than trying to get my stamina by blogging about it :-) , is to set aside the time.   Give yourself a 15 minute goal in one particular place.  You'd be amazed at what you can tidy up and clean after 15 minutes.  

And I always remember that I would rather have messes to clean up than no messes, because it reminds me that I have people in my life that add to the enjoyment of everyday activities, even if I have to clean up after them. 

So ladies, pick a place in your house and spend 15 minutes there!  Just 15 minutes!  Set a timer on your phone and keep moving until the timer goes off.  Let's rid an area in the home of clutter and gain that much more peace from seeing a job completed.

Woo!  I'm pumped!

4 comments:

  1. AMEN!

    LOL Cleaning the house is so DIFFICULT! Whenever I feel motivated to do it, it gets dirty within 24 hours, and most of the time the stuff just doesn't get done!

    Go do your thing and share pictures!! Oh and we want to have a Skype date - are you and Daryl down? When is good for you both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya that would be fun! :) Either Saturday or Sunday would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your working your better organized. I thought not working would be more time. Not! I have to be happy with a clean house now and then. Keep the house too clean and life stops happening. Life is better than clean house. I remember all the fun we have had and don't remember if the house was clean or not.

    ReplyDelete